Instacart offers prescription delivery from participating Publix pharmacies.
Some states require customer signatures when delivering prescriptions.
Order your prescription from a participating Publix pharmacy.
- Select Delivery for the prescription order and pay Publix directly for the prescription part of your order.
- You redirect to the Publix storefront with your cart pre-populated with a $0 prescription item. There may be an Rx service or delivery fee associated with your order.
- Add other items, if needed, and checkout.
- Log into or create an account.
- Choose a delivery time and receive your prescription as fast as the same-day.
Instacart doesn’t send customers prescription-related text messages. Please contact your pharmacy for text message questions or issues.
Getting your prescription
Your Instacart shopper must scan your ID when delivering your prescription. Some states may also require your signature.
Instacart doesn’t allow unattended prescriptions. Someone 18 or over must be present to receive the order.
Adding more prescriptions
You can’t add more prescriptions to the order after checkout. You have to place a separate order.
Payment for your prescription will be processed by Publix pharmacy. Contact the Publix pharmacy directly for acceptable payment methods for your prescription. You may pay for groceries added and delivery fees on Instacart with a credit or debit card. Instacart currently doesn't accept FSA or HSA cards.
Cancel or reschedule prescription orders
You may cancel your prescription order before a shopper starts working on it. Contact Instacart Customer Experience through the app or website otherwise.