Under the 100% satisfaction guarantee (the “Guarantee”), customers are eligible for a refund or credit if they report a qualifying order issue. To qualify for a refund or credit under the Guarantee, the customer must:
- Place an order through the Instacart platform for which the 100% satisfaction guarantee text appears on the checkout screen; and
- Report one of the order issues identified below within one week of delivery
Customers are eligible for a refund or credit towards a future order up to the amount the customer paid for the item for the following order issues:
- Missing item - a customer was charged for an item, but the item wasn’t included in the items delivered to the customer.
- Damaged item - an item arrived broken or in an unusable condition.
- Poor quality replacement - the shopper delivered an inadequate replacement item which the customer didn't specifically approve through the Instacart platform.
Instacart may issue a partial refund or credit for that item if only a portion of an item is missing or damaged. This offer is non-transferable.
Customers are eligible for a refund or credit towards a future order of up to the total amount of any fees paid by the customer for the order for any of the following order issues—
- Late arrival - the order arrives after the end of the scheduled delivery or pickup window.
- Unprofessional service - the individual(s) responsible for shopping for the items and/or delivering the items engage in inappropriate conduct during the shopping or delivery process.
Instacart shall have the sole discretion to—
- Determine if the reported issue qualifies as an order issue;
- Decide whether to issue a refund or a credit towards a future order;
- Determine the amount of such refund or credit;
- Determine if any evidence must be provided to substantiate the order issue; and/or
- Require the customer to return item(s) to the retailer in order to get a refund or credit.